Wednesday, July 24, 2019

HISTORICAL BALL GOWN FOR CURVY BARBIE - Marie Antoinette inspired gowns for Barbie


Have you ever dreamed of wearing a beautiful ball gown, long flowing skirt, lace, beads, and lots of flounce? Imagine all the work and fabric to create such a masterpiece back in the day.... Way before mass production, factories and personal sewing machines.

Dolls are such a great way to showcase the fashions from years gone by. Growing up reading historical gothic novels, I'd dream of wearing flowing gowns. Today, I envision ways to incorporate those designs for myself and my dolls. With the new Curvy doll on the market, she is limited on choices, so it is time to catch her up in fashion!



This is a basic Marie Antoinette inspired design with double skirt trimmed in lace. A matching hair scrunchie enables Curvy to wear her hair in a fashionable up-do.



This gown is a Royal Purple Ball gown, with a little secret....

Remember back when our grandma's (or great Aunts) had that dollie in the bathroom with the full sized crocheted gown?? You know, the one on the back of the toilet?  Imagine how convenient to use a toilet paper roll as a doll stand (and for storage!)  Well, I may not put my Curvy in the ladies room, but I think these paper rolls make FABULOUS holders for modeling my dolls and those luscious long skirts!! Stay tuned for... more!


No comments:

Post a Comment