Wednesday, February 13, 2019

KEN DOLL CLOTHES - Matching outfits for Curvy Barbie and Ken Doll

Every year during the holidays, I gift my granddaughters Barbie dolls with homemade clothes. This past Christmas, they knew what to expect and they begged, "boy clothes! We need boy dolls!"   Sure enough, as I looked at their three story Barbie house, they had everything you could imagine for Barbie...  except Ken dolls.

So, they got boy dolls this year for Christmas, and a baby brother to boot.

Over the years as I've designed for Barbie, I must confess, I've been skipping Ken over. Other than a few outfits here and there (Pioneer Ken in coveralls) I have not sewn for boy dolls. I was just having too much fun designing gowns and flashy outfits for Barbie.  I think the reason is that I had the mistaken idea that Ken didn't like fashion. I pictured him in drab colors and nothing really tasteful, as after all, he was a boy and was prone to practical clothes. Barbie was the one who cared about having shoes in every color and enjoyed wearing the latest designs.

But this time, I'm going to revive Ken. He is deserving of attention and fashion! He'll be sporting some really funky cool stuff in the near future.


Right now, I've discovered that Ken and Barbie can share fashions.



Today, they are sporting a colorful marble print. So no more will I be skimping on Ken!

No comments:

Post a Comment